v/Willy Nørgaard Olesen, BSc & MA
Studieboligerne på Pontoppidanstræde Nr. 97A
Phone: + 45 8194 8429
I am an academic member of Microsoft Developer Network and Apple Developer.
As, 90 % of all translation work always has been carried out by freelance translators working from their home, rather than employees in the companies, I have been working as a freelance translator since 1990.
Fixed price for academic translation: 0,10 EUR per source word
Fixed hourly rate: 40,00 EUR
I am currently studying the folowing distance courses at university:
Oracle University: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I, Exam 1Z0-808 (OCA) – (Completed)
Oracle University: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II, Exam1Z0-809 (OCP)
Oracle University: Oracle Certified Associate 12c Administrator, Exam 1Z0-061 + Exam 1Z0-62 (OCA) – (Completed)
Oracle University: Oracle Certified Professional 12c Administrator, Exam 1Z0-063 (OCP)
BA Minor in Ancient History and Culture
- Course 1: Ancient History and Culture of Greece – (Completed with pass)
- Course 2: Ancient History and Culture of Rome – (Completed with pass)
- Course 3: Studies in Ancient History
- Course 3: Religion, Literature, and History of Ideas
- Course 3: Art and Archaeology in Antiquity
- Course 4: Thematic Studies in Classical Archeology and Ancient History
- Course 4: Methods in Studying Antiquity
- Course 4: Dissertation
BSc in Computer Science
- Course 1: Introduction to Computer Science I
- Course 2: Inbtroduction to Computer Science II
- Course 3: C++ Programming
- Course 4: Elementary Data Structures
- Course 5: Discrete Structures
- Course 6: Computer Architecture
- Course 7: Software Engineering
- Course 8: Algorithm
- Course 9: Compilers
- Course 10: Web Development
- Course 11: Operating Systems
- Course 12: Computer Communication and Networks
- Course 13: Introduction to modern Database Systems
- Course 14: Programming Languages
- Course 15: Artificial Intelligence
- Course 16: Information Security
- Course: 17: Advanced Artificial Intelligence
- Course 18: Cryptography
- Course 19: Advanced Databases
- Course 20: Mobile Application Development
BA Minor in Philosophy
- Cource A: Art and Humaniora
- Cource B: Exploring Philosophy
- Course C: Key Questions in Philosophy
Internal Translation Workscan0001
1976 – 1980 I have been trained as an Electronic Technician in Fona Radio A/S, Copenhagen – a Danish radio chain store.
1989 – 1990 Full-Time Student job at Svendborg City Library, Denmark. Writing MA Thesis alongside.
1990 – 1996 Own Translation Company in Frederikshavn.
1996 – 2000 Own Translation Company in Frederikshavn. Subcontractor for the now defunct Teknik-Text AB, Gothenburg, Sweden.
2000 – 2001 Full-Time Danish Language Consultant at the now defunct Teknik-Text AB, Gothenburg, Sweden. (Working in Sweden 5 days a week and going home to my girlfriend and fiancee in Copenhagen on the weekends and holidays.)
1990 – 2011 Own Translation Company in Frederikshavn. Subcontractor for the now defunct ITD AB, Sweden.
2009- 2011 Own Translation Company in Gothenburg, Sweden.
2011 – Own Translation Company in Gistrup and Aalborg.
2015 – 2015 Full-Time internal translator at Datamarked Aps for 3 months, where I translated their companion webshop Skilteproduktion from Danish to English.
2014 – 2016 Lahdeli Marked and Jylland Marked. Doing accounts in the shop alongside my university studies.
2013 – Own Translation Company in Aalborg/ Various student/translation jobs in Aalborg