In just a short time, you can learn how to use PHP, MySQL, and Apache together to create dynamic, interactive websites and applications using the three leading open-source web development technologies. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson in this book builds on the previous ones, enabling you to learn the essentials of PHP scripting, MySQL databases, and the Apache web server from the ground up.
Regardless of whether you run Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X, the enclosed CD includes a complete starter kit that lets you install all the software you need to set up a stable environment for learning, testing, and production.
Julie C. Meloni is a technical consultant who has been developing web-based applications since the Web first saw the light of day. She has written numerous books and articles on web application development and HTML/CSS, and you can find translations of her work in 18 different languages.
Learn how to…
• Install, configure, and set up the PHP scripting language, the MySQL database system, and the Apache Web server
• Get these technologies to work together to create a dynamic, database-backed website
• Interact with MySQL using PHP
• Work with forms and files
• Create a web-based discussion forum or mailing list
• Add a storefront and shopping cart to your site
• Optimize your MySQL databases
• Fine-tune the Apache server’s performance
• Restrict access to your applications
• Set up a secure web server
- Paperback: 750 pages
- Publisher: Sams; 6 edition (14 Sept. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0672337703
- ISBN-13: 978-0672337703
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 cm
2. Murach: Murach’s MySQL. Paperback – 13 Jun 2012
This practical, hands-on tutorial/reference/guide to MySQL is perfect for beginners, but it also works for experienced developers who aren’t getting the most from MySQL. As you would expect, this book shows how to code all of the essential SQL statements for creating and working with a MySQL database. But beyond that, this book also shows how to design a database, including how to use the graphical MySQL Workbench to create an EER model. It shows how to take advantage of relatively new MySQL features such as foreign keys, transactions, stored procedures, stored functions, triggers, and events. It even presents a starting set of skills for a database administrator (DBA), including how to secure and back up databases. And like all Murach books, it uses the distinctive “paired pages” format, which breaks the material into manageable skills to speed up both learning and reference. A great help for MySQL users at any level.
- Paperback: 612 pages
- Publisher: Mike Murach & Associates Inc. (13 Jun. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1890774685
- ISBN-13: 978-1890774684
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 20.3 x 26 cm