Richard Delaware: Associate Teaching Professor MAA Liaison
- Stitz & Zeager: College Algebra
- Tobey, Slater, Blair and Crowford: Beginning & Intermediate Algebra Paperback – 10 Feb 2016
The Tobey/Slater/Blair/Crawford series retains the hallmark characteristics that have always made the text so easy to learn and teach from, including a “building block” organization. Each program builds essential skills and conceptual understanding by breaking the mathematics down into manageable pieces.
The new editions address the latest trends and dynamics related to developmental mathematics course structures, including helping students gain a stronger conceptual understanding, while contextualizing the math. Instructors will find the inclusion of new conceptually oriented Guided Learning Videos with the accompanying Video Workbook with the Math Coach (in MyMathLab), plus a new emphasis on Career Explorations throughout the text and MyMathLab course to help students explore potential career paths. The Tobey series is flexible, and well-suited for a variety of classroom formats, including lecture-based, computer-lab based (modular and/or self-paced), hybrid, and online.
Also available with MyMathLab
MyMathLab® is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. For this edition, the MyMathLab course includes new Guided Learning Videos and an updated and expanded Video Workbook with the Math Coach.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 5 edition (10 Feb. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0134173643
- ISBN-13: 978-0134173641
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 3.3 x 26.9 cm
2. Sterling: Algebra I: Learn and Practice 2 Book Bundle with 1 Year Online Access (For Dummies Series) Paperback – 12 Aug 2014
This value–priced, two–book bundle brings two popular For Dummies math guides together to offer readers essential Algebra I instruction combined with real–world practice problems to put their knowledge to the test and help reinforce key Algebra I concepts. Each bundle includes full–size editions of Algebra I For Dummies and Algebra I: 1,001 Practice Problems For Dummies plus access to an online companion test bank for one year.
With Algebra I For Dummies, you′ll learn how to:
- Understand Algebra I fundamentals and start working with numbers
- Get a handle on the most common equations, from basic linear problems to the quadratic formula and everything in between
- Work with fractions, decimals, exponents, radicals, rational and irrational numbers, and more
- Balance equations, tackle complex problems, and find the solution every time
With Algebra I: 1,001 Practice Problems For Dummies, you′ll receive:
- Free, one–year subscription to all 1,001 Algebra I practice problems, categorized by easy, medium, or hard levels
- On–the–go access from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet
- Multiple choice questions covering math course topics
- Personalized reports that track your progress and help identify areas needing further study
- Customized practice sets for self–directed study
Whether you′re taking on Algebra I for the first time or brushing up on your skills, this one–of–a–kind bundle will help you remember – and reinforce – what you′ve learned in the classroom.
- Paperback: 840 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 2nd ed. edition (12 Aug. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118980611
- ISBN-13: 978-1118980613
- Product Dimensions: 20.4 x 4.6 x 25.5 cm
3. Sterling: Algebra II For Dummies Education Bundle Paperback – 10 Aug 2012
Besides being an important area of math for everyday use, algebra is a passport to studying subjects like calculus, trigonometry, number theory, and geometry, just to name a few. To understand algebra is to possess the power to grow your skills and knowledge so you can ace your courses and possibly pursue further study in math. Algebra II For Dummies is the fun and easy way to get a handle on this subject and solve even the trickiest algebra problems. This friendly guide shows you how to get up to speed on exponential functions, laws of logarithms, conic sections, matrices, and other advanced algebra concepts. In no time you’ll have the tools you need to: Interpret quadratic functions Find the roots of a polynomial Reason with rational functions Expose exponential and logarithmic functions Cut up conic sections Solve linear and non–linear systems of equations Equate inequalities Simplify complex numbers Make moves with matrices Sort out sequences and sets This straightforward guide offers plenty of multiplication tricks that only math teachers know. It also profiles special types of numbers, making it easy for you to categorize them and solve any problems without breaking a sweat. When it comes to understanding and working out algebraic equations, Algebra II For Dummies is all you need to succeed! Add nearly 290 pages full of hundreds of practice equations and answers in Algebra II Workbook For Dummies , and you’re sure to understand this math before you know it! AUTHOR BIO: Mary Jane Sterling is a lecturer in mathematics at Bradley University, where she teaches courses in algebra and calculus. She is the author of several For Dummies mathematics guides.
- Paperback: 370 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; Workbook edition (10 Aug. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470430982
- ISBN-13: 978-0470430989
- Product Dimensions: 20.6 x 4.3 x 25.7 cm