1. Deitel and Deitel: Android: How to Program. Paperback – 1 Sep 2014
The Deitels’ App-driven, Live Code Approach is simply the best way to master Android programming! The Deitels teach Android programming through ten complete, working Android Apps. Each chapter presents new concepts through a single App. The authors first discuss what the App does, show screen shots, test drive the App, and present an overview of the technologies and architecture used to build it. Next, the authors walk through building the App, presenting complete code and providing a detailed “Live Code” walkthrough. As part of the code walkthrough, they discuss essential programming concepts, and demonstrate the functionality of relevant Android 4.3 APIs. Readers will gain hands-on experience with a wide spectrum of essential Android APIs. The book also has an extensive introduction to programming using the Java language, making this book appropriate for Java courses that want to add an App-programming flavor.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
- Add an App Component to your Java Course: An extensive, optional introduction to programming using the Java language makes this book appropriate for Java courses.
- Motivate Students with an App-driven, Live Code Approach to Android 4.3 Development:Concepts are presented in the context of 10 complete working Android Apps, complete with syntax coloring, code walkthroughs and sample outputs.
- Paperback: 736 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 2 edition (1 Sept. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 027379339X
- ISBN-13: 978-0273793397
- Product Dimensions: 17.9 x 2.7 x 22.9 cm